The Critical Skills Work Visa allows you to immigrate to South Africa and convert your 5 year temporary visa into a permanent residence. If you have an interest to move to South Africa and consequently secure a permanent residence, the Government of South Africa has provided the Critical Skills Work Visa option to this end.
Arrive in South African without a job offer and stay in South Africa for 12 months to find a job. Extend your visa post securing a job to a temporary residence for 5 years; post which you can apply and secure a permanent residence in South Africa. Based on critical skills requirements forward by the South Africa Department of Home Affairs.
The main objective is to fill gaps in skill-deficit to support South Africa’s trade and industry.
- The Critical Skills Work Visawhich has been launched by the South Africa Home Affairs department is based on the critical occupations which have a shortage of skilled professionals. It replaces the Quota work permit. The Home Affairs department has come up with the critical skills list and the skills requirements as per the occupation.
- The applicant has to get there qualification assessed by SAQA which is the authorized body for the qualification assessment along with registering with the relevant body as per the profession.
- No need for a job offer while applying for the visa.
- No need to go through the onerous labor certification process which is required for the general work visa application.
- Applicant is granted a visa for 3 months to enter South Africa and search for a job as per their occupation in the Critical Skills list.